The #1 Digital News Source for Retail Loss Prevention,
IT Security & Safety Executives throughout North America

FREE Daily
eNews Special
Reports Spotlight on
Leadership ORC
News Canadian
Push Vendor
Spotlights LP
Newswire Group LP
Vendor Spotlight 5-29-13
The D&D Daily e-Newsletter for the LP & Safety Industry

Inexpensive and Easy Way
to Reduce Retail Shrink
with S-TRON

According to the annual National Retail Security Report, every year, the consistent largest single source for retail shrink is due to employee theft. In 2012, this report estimated 44% of overall loss was due to employee theft and 13% was caused by employee administrative error. Of the shrink loss, approximately 57% of the loss is caused by internal mismanagement and employee theft combined.

Other causes for shrink include vendor fraud (5%) and shoplifting (36%). This survey reported that the remaining causes for shrink loss were unknown.

A system dedicated to reduce retail shrink has been developed by ScanCam. S-TRON, a certified authorized dealer of ScanCam reduces shrink loss from where most retail shrink occurs, the point sale terminal where employees process the sales transactions. Retail shrink can occur when:

The barcode scan is not registering
There are unauthorized discounts by an employee to customers
Employees make up fraudulent returns
There is a fraudulent manual entering of making a no-sale, in which the cashier opens the cash counter without registering a sale and pocketing the cash.

ScanCam prevents fraud and mistakes by identifying each successful barcode scan transaction with a flash of a green light from the register. The green light is shown as confirmation that the transaction was recorded in the cash register.

Video playback is easier than reading a cash register text over video since the viewer can easily confirm transactions each time the green light flashes.

The ScanCam system is not difficult to install. There is no need to run new wires from the cash registers back to an existing DVR. ScanCam can be inexpensively installed with an existing or new camera system.

S-TRON is a certified Dealer for ScanCam and is the national leader with retail loss prevention systems and services. At S-TRON, the commitment to exceptional quality service is so targeted, that the company only focuses on providing retail and commercial system solutions. S-TRON only hires highly skilled technicians and project managers that are factory trained and certified for the products and services that S-TRON provides.

Let your Retail Loss Prevention team concentrate on what they do best, which is to focus on your store initiatives for reducing shrink. Let S-TRON take care of the technological security design, installation, and maintenance service to ensure the video surveillance system is working as needed.

Call S-TRON today at 877-887-8766 and start protecting your inventory and honest employees. Find out how S-TRON can easily help you grow your profitability today with ScanCam. To learn more about how S-TRON can integrate a ScanCam system in your store visit

Visit Us at:
2013 NRF Loss Prevention Conference and Expo
Booth # 820
San Diego, CA
San Diego Convention Center
June 12-14, 2013

43 Werman Court
Plainview, New York 11803
Toll Free 877-887-8766

What's Happening?

Coming soon:

Mobile App's

LP Show Coverage

The Top 10


Vendor Spotlight 5-29-13
Powered by Design By J, LLC
ASP.NET Shopping Cart Software